Four Georgia Public Schools Recognized as 2021 National Blue Ribbon Schools
Today the Georgia Department of Education recognized eight public schools as National Blue Ribbon Schools with four from the metro area. This recognition comes from the U.S. Department of Education and up to 420 schools may be nominated each year., the Department of Defense Education Activity, and the Bureau of Indian Education.
“Congratulations to Georgia’s 2021 National Blue Ribbon Schools! The students, teachers, staff, and families of these schools have worked tirelessly, particularly during the last year and a half, and their efforts are paying off in increased achievement for students. I am so proud of each of them as they receive this well-deserved national recognition.”
State School Superintendent Richard Woods
The Georgia schools named 2021 recipients of the honor are:
• Bleckley County High School, Bleckley County Schools
• Crabapple Lane Elementary School, Fayette County Schools
• Elite Scholars Academy, Clayton County Schools
• High Shoals Elementary School, Oconee County Schools
• Jefferson Middle School, Jefferson City Schools
• Johns Creek Elementary School, Forsyth County Schools
• Oakhurst Elementary School, City Schools of Decatur
• Riverview Elementary School, Dawson County Schools
The United States Education Department recognizes schools in two performance categories:
• Exemplary High Performing Schools are among their state’s highest-performing schools as measured by state assessments or nationally normed tests.
• Exemplary Achievement Gap Closing Schools are among their state’s highest-performing schools in closing achievement gaps between a school’s student groups and all students.