Education in Atlanta is a teacher-led news organization committed to covering one of Atlanta’s most underreported stories: the effort to improve schools for all children within the metro Atlanta area, especially those who have been disenfranchised to quality education due to race, socioeconomic, or disability.
Recent Education News in Metro Atlanta
The Metro Atlanta area consists of over seventeen counties, learn what’s happening in each one.
- Prospective Board Candidates for Atlanta Public Schools Are Offered Governance Training
- Nineteen Cobb, Gwinnett, and Marietta Schools reach Title I reward school status.
- Clayton County Public Schools Virtual Open House Scheduled for July 29th
- Clayton County Public Schools Superintendent to Host YouTube Live Session
- New Wave of Principals in Fulton County Schools
- Dekalb County Schools to Host Back-To-School Drive-Thru Event
- Gwinnett County Schools Changes Mask Guidance
- Kennesaw State University Student Austin Heller to run for a seat on Cobb School Board
- Georgia Department of Education Partners with Georgia Statewide Afterschool Network
County to county, district to district, here’s what everyone is reading.
- Cherokee County Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer Resigns Before Starting
- Cobb County School Board of Education passes resolution banning Critical Race Theory in district
- Critical Race Theory – Atlanta Public Schools release statement regarding State Board’s Resolution Change
- Starting in 2021-2022 School Year Atlanta Public Schools to Return to 5 Days Instruction
- Cobb County Board of Education Approves 4-8.6% raise for Staff
- Griffin-Spalding County Schools welcoming new administrators
See more articles→
COVID-19 Back to School
As thousands of students of Georgia come back to school after the COVID-19 pandemic, learn how metro Atlanta districts are balancing students along with controlling COVID-19.
- Rockdale County Public Schools asks Parents to take Voluntary, Anonymous COVID-19 Vaccination Survey
- Douglas County School District to continue offering free COVID-19 shots
- GNR Health departments to offer free vaccine clinic to Rockdale County students
- Opinion: The Learning Loss Noone in Georgia Is Discussing
See more about COVID in the metro area →
Atlanta Public Schools
Atlanta Public Schools focuses on a caring culture of equity, trust, and collaboration, every student will graduate ready for college, career, and life. Read about what’s happening in that district.
Cobb County Schools
Cobb County Schools is a school district of excellence where all students succeed. Read about what’s happening in that district.
Dekalb County Schools
Dekalb County Schools in Georgia’s 3rd largest school district while using deep teaching and learning to produce globally competitive students prepared for higher education, careers, and life.
Gwinnett County Schools
Gwinnett County Schools is recognized as a top district committed to becoming a system of world-class schools.
- Georgia Association of Educators files lawsuit against Gwinnett County Schools for First Amendment violation
- Fulton County Schools’ Chief Operations Officer Leaves for Job With Gwinnett County Schools
- The Gwinnett County School Board meeting goes on without a hitch, but Critical Race Theory overshadows most public discussion.
- Gwinnett County Public Schools appoints three principals